Hone in on ultrasound fertility examinations and clinical assessments, through a practical and interactive course. This course on bovine ultrasonography is farm and classroom based and involves a maximum of 4 delegates.
The organisers’ combined experience brings in knowledge and images from the UK, Canada, US, New Zealand and Europe. Enhance your understanding on how ultrasound examinations are carried out in the UK and abroad.
Topics to be covered
- Stages of the oestral cycle: Pre-oestrus, Oestrus, Met-oestrus and Di-oestrus
- Pregnancy diagnosis and ageing the foetus, from early to mid to late
- Gender determination and identifying twins
- Foetal and dam reproductive anomalies
- Beyond rectal examinations to aiding your clinical diagnosis.
- Understand the principles and applications of ultrasound scanning
- Review key performance points of ultrasound applications
- Familiarise yourselves with the operation of the scanner
- Practice ultrasound scanning on farm
We would work with any make of scanners. Provided it is battery operated, we would encourage you to bring your own linear or sector scanner with your goggles or screen. Otherwise, we can supply a Reproscan model for you to practice on the day.
To book a place in the course, please click here. To request further information on ultrasonography training, please complete the form below.