Some of the many areas covered by our course are:
- The Advantages and Disadvantages of AI
- The Anatomy of the Cow’s Reproductive Tract and Pelvis
- Methods of Heat Detection and the Correct Time for Insemination
- The Principles and Practice of Hygiene, and the Prevention of the Spread of Disease
- Management and Handling for Insemination
- Storing and Handling Semen
- Passage of the catheter through the cervix and Insemination Technique
- Practical Difficulties and the Response to them
The course’s key fundamentals will also cover handling and storing semen, signs of oestrus, heat detection methods, evaluating your own performance, anatomy and function of the bovine reproductive track, contra-indications to AI, legislation, welfare and biosecurity.
On behalf of LANTRA and APHA, we shall award the DIY AI license to delegates who demonstrated competence in the technique, through passing written and a practical exam.
We cover the whole of the UK and Ireland, with venues near you. We work around you to find the most suitable course dates.
Your course will be delivered by not simply a teacher, but by a Masterclass Trainer who has nearly 30 years’ experience as a vet, foot trimmer and a CowSignals Master trainer.
TestimonialsMark Harries, Cefn Rhiwlas, Wales Mark Harries:
"A very hands on practical DIY AI course, instructor very understanding and patient. Great range of tool/equipment provided at a high standard of cleanliness. Definitely recommend to anyone in the way this course was carried out by my instructor!"Jonathan Dicken, Newport, Wales Jonathan Dicken:
“I just wanted to share with you that I just had my first cow scanned that I served on my own and she was in calf I'm so pleased. Thank you so much for your work with me 😊 I'm over the moon. My boss has had me serving the heifers on my own while her was away last week. I've recommended you and Henryetta to a lad and he wouldn't be disappointed!”