Introduce further efficiencies on how you manage the fertility of your dairy and suckler herd. Treat the pregnancy diagnosis of cattle as a weekly task, like DIY AI, drying cows off and preventative foot trimming, minimising their waiting time and disruption to their daily routine. Identify which cows are not pregnant early and present those to your vet to treat promptly. Save time and money and while you do all these, you also maintaining your working relationship with your vet!
It is important to know if your cows are pregnant, as the biggest gains in cattle fertility management are made by identifying those animals that are not in-calf, early. This is beneficial for cow and herd, further improving your productivity and finances.
Our course is RCVS, DEFRA and LANTRA approved. Our training groups are kept small, aiming to maximise your learning experience. The course duration is 3 days and involves a maximum of 4 delegates. The delegates must pass a pre-enrolment questionnaire, before their training commences. There are requirements also on your scanning practice following your training, in order to maintain your competence status.
Take the pre-course assessment here.
We utilise the latest teaching methods and aids. All our training sessions start with Henrietta and Isobella, before we go on live cows. These are cow props, with windows on each side and help the instructor see exactly where you have difficulties with the procedure. Further course objectives are:
- Understanding the safety, welfare, biosecurity and legal aspects of rectal ultrasound scanning
- Familiarising, maintaining and how to use an ultrasound scanning machine
- To provide knowledge of and be able to recognise the normal and abnormal physiology and anatomy of the reproductive tract of the dairy cow
- To enable safe and confident pregnancy diagnosis and foetal ageing of cattle via rectal ultrasound scanning, commencing from 30 days pregnant onward.
- To identify twin pregnancies, whenever possible.
- To identify common abnormalities of the reproductive tract
LANTRA certification for this course is possible. LANTRA as the awarding body, are recognised by Ofqual, SQA and Qualification Wales.
We cover the whole of the UK and Ireland, with venues near you. We work around you to find the most suitable course dates.
Your course will be delivered by not simply a teacher, but by a Masterclass Trainer who has nearly 30 years’ experience as a vet, foot trimmer and a CowSignals Master trainer.