Speed Awareness Course for Residue-free milk.
UK farmers have maintained a failure rate of only 0.24% since the 1990s, but some European countries and the US have much lower failure rates – in Canada just 0.04% of bulk tanks tested fail.
A few points to consider …….
- Are treated cows and those under milk withdrawal milked with the main herd?
- Are treated cows milked last?
- Are treated cows marked clearly?
- Are at least two methods of identification used for treated cows?
- Is separate cluster and dump bucket used?
- Is a milk dump line used?
- Is equipment fully washed/ disinfected between cows? Hands washed after administration?
- Is there a system to ensure the milk transfer line is removed from the bulk tank before milking withdrawal cows?
- Is it clear to all milkers which cows are under milk withdrawal (including relief milkers)?
- Have all milkers been trained in the procedures for marking and dealing with treatment cows?