A. Endoscopic Web Quizzes
An exciting project from Mendip Vets for all veterinary colleagues who wish to learn more or improve or test their knowledge on practical application of bovine endoscopy, from Laparoscopy, to Thoracoscopy, to Theloscopy.
Each interactive Web quiz can be purchased individually. Once purchased you shall be granted immediate access to it.
Learn through reading text, studying images or watching videos of the various applications of the procedure.
B. Introduction to bovine endoscopy
This practical course on bovine endoscopy, is conference room based and involves a maximum of 2 delegates. You shall be split in small groups and have plenty of in-vitro training, through an interactive course. The teaching methods are based on video presentations of the procedure, as well as classroom based practice. The Introduction to Bovine Endoscopy course aspires to serve as a taster and outline what Endoscopy (from Laparoscopy to Theloscopy) can offer.
To book a place in the course, please click here. To request further information on endoscopic training, please complete the form below.
C. Bespoke bovine endoscopic training
Practical farm animal CPD can be expensive and disruptive for the practice. Travelling to the CPD venue, accommodation costs and covering for staff away – both within and out of hours – are part of those overheads. What follows is a more cost-effective approach. It brings complex training to your entire veterinary practice, so that all vets can be trained on site with less disruption to your business:
- Join your practice for one or more weeks and carry out endoscopic training.
- During this week(s) a ‘wide net’ will be spread and we can find possible corrective or exploratory cases for endoscopic practice.
- Train five clinicians plus one veterinary nurse or SQP of your team per week on the technique. The delegates can join the training sessions as they become available during the day or stay continually throughout the training week.
- We shall allocate time for theory, in-vitro practice and, of course, on farm practicals.
- Integrating with your team will offer you the best advice on how to manage the endoscopic kit and promote the service to your clients.
The animals that are required for in-vivo training need, first and foremost, to benefit from the procedure. The procedure is modular. For example a two-step LDA correction, or RDA correction, always starts as a one-step LDA correction. Part of the course will be completed in-vitro in the classroom, and part in-vivo on the farm. Ideally, per week, we shall need a mixture of up to five displaced abomasum and sick cows for corrective or exploratory endoscopy.
Check our “LDA Correction – Short Guide” here (Note: website registration required).
We shall supply the training endoscopic kit and delegate course notes with attendance certificates in electronic form. We need the following arranged from yourselves:
- A teaching room that can sit a minimum of eight people.
- Laptop, powerpoint projector, extension leads, flip-chart, marker pens, etc.
- Medicines, specifically local anaesthetic, sedatives, and any treatment against concurrent disease that the patient may require at the time.
- Consumables, for example 5ml and 30ml syringes, needles, gloves, disposable gowns and so on.
The bespoke Bovine Endoscopic training takes place at flexible times to suit your team, offering up to 16 hours CPD per veterinary surgeon and up to 8 hours CPD per nurse or SQP.
You must be logged in to take this quiz
To request further information on endoscopic training, please complete the form below.